Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:29:23 -0700

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Pablo writes:
>
> > I don't think that "digital" is a format, it would
> > rather be a medium as film.
>
> Well, film formats are distinguished by the size of the film image, so it would
> seem that digital counts as a separate format, as long as the CCD isn't the same
> size as a film frame (which it currently is not).  Digital would be pretty close
> to APS, I suppose.

It seems that when we talk image area we could specify whether we are talking
film or pixel arrays. (Whatever they call them).
format means size and shape. Not film vs pixel grabbers.
A medium format camera can have a film or digital back.
A large format camera can have a film or digital back as well for better quality.
That's how i see it!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA