Subject: RE: [Leica] ..........Traveling light............
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:57:18 -0500

It's a Billingham large Hadley. Billingham makes a small Hadley, too, which
I have. I bought the larger one used a number of years ago, and it's far an
away my favorite bag. The newer models (and my small Hadley) have individual
flaps over the pockets. My older model large bag has one big flap that
covers everything.

I like the single flap. It's more conventient. The two surface pockets have
snaps on the edges. They're fashioned in such a way that things don't fall
out easily. I keep filters, a small flash, lens hoods, and extra film in the
pockets. Everything is very easy to get to. Best of all, the padding is
great. Last time I spoke to Sherry Krauter she mentioned that high frequency
vibrations, the kind equipment experiences in an aircraft, is really hard on
lenses. She recommended wrapping lenses in something like foam rubber when
traveling. I've traveled a great deal. The Hadley has lots of padding on all
sides. I've always felt that I was covered.

Most of my other bags are just for storing equipment. I usually carry stuff
around in the Hadley -- big, or if I go really light, the small one. Inside
there's not much difference. But the bigger one has much larger external
pockets. That's important as I've been using filters more and more. It's not
like one filter size fits all when it comes to Leica, if you know what I
mean.

Dave