Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado - Simply The Best?? Talk amongst yourselves
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:20:02 -0300

on 1/8/01 6:42 PM, Tina Manley at images@InfoAve.Net wrote:

> To me, the difference is that Natchwey's photos are dark and offer no
> hope.  Salgado's photos offer hope.  If that is precious and candy-assed,
> I'll take it.
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com

Anyway, both of them reflect reality.
And, by the way, in what pictures could you see that hope ?

I'd rather say that Nachtwey goes more for the war and surroundings while
Salgado is going for working conditions and other social subjects...
But, hope ? maybe you feel like war kills faster than hungry or sickness...

Pablo

Replies: Reply from "Margaret Jeffcoat" <margaret01@excelonline.com> (Re: [Leica] Salgado - Simply The Best?? Talk amongst yourselves)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Salgado - Simply The Best?? Talk amongst yourselves)