Subject: Re: [Leica] Light in the darkroom?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:06:14 +0200

Juan writes:

> No. I can *see* the glow in my fluorescent tube.

If you can _see_ a glow, that's different.  I simply question the notion that
the tube can magically glow invisibly and fog your film even though you see
nothing with dark-adapted eyes.  And I rather doubt that phosphorescence would
extend into the UV because of the higher energy required for that (also, IIRC,
phosphorescence is always at a longer wavelength than the exciting radiation,
but I won't swear to that, as it has been a while).