Subject: [Leica] Color Balance and Lighting
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:03:09 -0400

At 12:13 PM 7/30/01 -0700, Herbert & Lee Kanner wrote:
>Regarding color: It is conventional to color balance prints for
>viewing by incandescent light, since that is the most commonly used.

I most strongly dissent.  Incandescent lighting is death for
color-balancing in the darkroom.  Flourescent fixtures allow "grow bulbs"
which are balanced for natural daylight.  Go figure!

I am stuck with incandescent in my darkroom at present, but have had
fluorescent in the past, and will do so again, quite soon!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!