Subject: [Leica] Wet work: thank you and a few more questions...
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:32:00 +0100

Adam Bridge asked a few questions, one of which was:

>Do ALL chemicals need to be stored in opaque bottles? Is it okay to use
>translucent poly bottles and store THEM in a dark box/cabinet? I now use
>tape to mark the date of mixing. I promise I won't put ANYTHING else in any
>of the bottles.

I reckon that the best way to store most developer solutions, with the
exception of strong-ish alkali stock solutions, is in ribbed clear glass
bottles in a dark cupboard.
Ribbed to provide the conventional tactile warning that the contents are not
for consumption.
Clear to show the presence or absence of precipitate, colour changes, koi
carp or whatever.
Glass because it is inert and airtight.

Alkali stock solutions can be kept in glass bottles, but they may etch them
after a few months. Plastic bottles might be better.

Fixer is fine in plastic bottles. I use the wide-necked Jobo ones for easy
and fast pouring.

Regards,
Malcolm