Subject: [Leica] Re: B&W Scanning
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:17:23 -0500

Peter:

>The new Nikon 4000 dpi scanner is way beyond my price limit right now.
>I've been debating between picking up a used LS-2000, maybe a Poloroid
>Sprintscan 4000.

I'm leaning strongly toward the Sprintscan 4000.  For a couple of reasons.
Polaroid supports my OS and it's a lot cheaper than the Nikon.  B&H lists
them for $900.  With a film scanner, I can go back to doing my own black &
white development and actually be able to do something with the negatives.
And if I go that route, the digital ice doesn't work.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: B&W Scanning)
Reply from "Steve Hickel" <smhickel@iserv.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: B&W Scanning)