Subject: Re: [Leica] Wet work: share some wisdom?
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:14:16 -0400

on 7/28/01 7:22 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@mac.com wrote:

> As someone who is just venturing into the wild and whacky world of the
> darkroom, I'd sure enjoy hearing some suggestions from those who have been
> there about some of the really killer mistakes that people make and how to
> create a methodology to avoid them.

my rules are REALLY simple.

throw stuff away before it's dead. it's a lot cheaper than screwing things
up because you tried to get one last roll of film out of that D76.

stick to one brand of developer until you know it

test everything (film speed I mean) in your brew of choice

keep things clean

have a jug each for dev, stop, fix etc and DON'T put anything else in them.
This prevents cross contamination

make sure your dark room really is dark

wear gloves

- --