Subject: [Leica] Wet work: share some wisdom?
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:22:40 -0700

As someone who is just venturing into the wild and whacky world of the
darkroom, I'd sure enjoy hearing some suggestions from those who have been
there about some of the really killer mistakes that people make and how to
create a methodology to avoid them.

Basic things like: containers - do they need to be opaque? How to store
them? What's a reasonable shelf life if properly handled? And just what does
"properly handled" mean?

I'm not doing prints - just negatives at this point. But I'd like not to
ruin TOO many rolls of film and I'd like the negatives not to be ruined
through some goofy mistake that I might make if only I had known.

So, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Adam Bridge

PS: I have this awful feeling that I've walked into a hi-fi shop and asked
"what's the best amplifier I can buy". Which is to say: I recognize there is
an art and a craft in the darkroom. I'd like to master the craft part before
I strive to perfect the art.

Thanks...

AB

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Wet work: share some wisdom?)