Subject: [Leica] Leica filters
From: "Edward Mortimer" <munkfishy2k@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:00:39 +0000

Thanks for all the posts regarding this subject, much appreciated. But I am
still unsure as to who actually makes them, its seems its either B+W or
Heliopan and I cant say ive ever heard of the latter (and I work in a camera
store! duh.) So it seems Leica are going to leave us in the dark over this
one.

Filters have there uses but I find putting a £20 piece of glass on my Leica
lens (or any lens for that matter) slightly defeats the object. And I
certainly dont include myself in the 'filter permanetly on lens to protect
it' club, my lens cap does that! If using a filter is justified I might use
it, but thats it.

And yes thats just my 2pence/cents or whatever.

Many regards (and may your light be flareless)

Edd