Subject: Re: [Leica] Glass issues
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 15:10:30 +0200

Austin writes:

> Additionally, coplanar and perpendicular to the
> axis of the lense.  Any of those issues can cause
> trouble.

So how do Leica filters stack up in this respect?  I still haven't seen anyone
reveal exactly who makes Leica's filters.  Is it Leica?  Or some third party?
In the latter case, who really makes them?

I always put Leica filters on my Leica lenses because I assume that they'd only
sell filters that have an absolutely minimal effect on image quality.  Is there
any reason why this assumption would be unwise?

On my Nikons, I use B+W filters, but I assumed (incorrectly?) that Leica filters
would be better still for the Leica glass.  (I don't know if Nikon filters are
any good, and they cost a fortune, so I've never invested in them.)