Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides or prints?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:33:34 -0700

Satish Kumar Krishnamurthy wrote a quotation:

> that the very best photos are captured on slide film."<<<<

Satish,
I believe photographers who solely work in B&W would have one hell of an
argument with the above comment!  It's too all encompassing, not to forget,
it just isn't true!

An example. If you were to look in my book on the medical profession "This
is Our Work. The legacy of Sir William Osler." I'm sure you'd disagree with
the above slide film quote, as the book is all B&W negative photography. I
suppose I could've shot it on SCALA B&W slide film to match the quotation,
but the photography wouldn't have been anymore powerful, nor would the
pictures have been any better captured on slide film.

I'm sure what the quotation means is; "That when using colour film... the
best reproductions are when using slide film."  But in the world of colour
negative film quality of today, I bet this would also create quite an
argument.

For my money as the quotation stands, it's all wet!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant