Subject: [Leica] #29 FIlter and the Noctilux....was Nocti Problems
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:34:37 -0700

This is an excellent reason to use a RF camera.....   the dark red filter
makes SLR viewing way too difficult to focus....

Having stated the use of the filter, and knowing its effect, I wonder about
the use of the filter, and how it changes the image that is captured... it
accentuates ( darkens) the blues, highlights ( makes lighter) the reds on
any film.  Combined with panchromatic B+W film ( as opposed to IR) the
effect would be to accentuate the clouds and anything blue...... what about
green?   dreamy images?  I am not sure.....I thought that came from the IR
film.....

Without continuing to be clinical, the image creation combo of the Noctilux
and #29 dark red filter is simply spectacular.  Have you tried the #29 with
any other lenses?  results were similar or different?  I want to try this
myself .... the fact that the filter allows for more wide open shooting, may
be why you used the filter, and indeed it does allow the Nocti to be used
wirde open, but the spectrum recorded is a bonus.

I always thought that having great clouds was a real boost in
photography....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net