Subject: [Leica] Help - church pictures
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:56:49 -0500

Richard,
I'd shoot it with the widest angle lens I have that would
not distort the
walls, using  long exposures to get all the detail I could.
One time Bokeh
is NOT called for, fersure.

cool thing to do if you use Photoshop is to take a shot in
the daytime
exposing for any stained glass windows, and leave the camera
on a tripod in the same possition, and go back and shoot the
same shot at night with all the lights on.

Then you can  put the stained glass in the well-lighted
interior.   You can adjust for the different color balances
that the mixed lighting would have produced.

 Just be careful, I once had a Minolta CLE stolen in my
church.   You don't
want to tempt any sinners that happen through....

Regards,

SonC

church interior for a
> > church membership catalog (not of the members).
Normally, I shoot only
> > slide film and the few times I use print film I use
Kodak Gold 100 or 200

> > Question 1)  The church has mixed lighting, although in
the few pictures I
> > have taken in the church I have not noticed much of a
color imbalance with
> > the Gold (haven't really looked for it).  Suggestions
for a print film to
> > use - probably 100 ASA but perhaps faster, I haven't
checked the lighting
> > with a meter yet.
> >
> > Question 2)  The 35/1.4-R is not wide enough for some of
the pictures.  Go
> > to the 24, old 21 or 19??? The 21 is f/4.0 and the
others are f/2.8??