Subject: RE: [Leica] Help - church pictures
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:55:43 -0700

I used to take a lot of pictures inside churches. I originally went for the
wide-angle look, but later I realized that those pictures interest architects
and interior designers but not churchgoers.

To take pictures inside a church for the purpose of making people want to
attend that church, I believe that you have to give examples of what people
will see when they sit in a church and when they walk around it. This means to
shoot with a 50 or a 90. My best church pictures were shot with an 85.

Although I didn't take any of these pictures, here are some church photos that
are effective even if they are not great photography:

http://www.interlog.com/~csmm/guide.html
http://cathedral.ely.anglican.org/tour/tour.htm
http://www.cathedral.net/uk/scotland/edinburgh/ep/index.htm (see "Cathedral
tour")