Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NG
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:31:18 -0400

My tastes run to photographers and photographs that tell us something,
and hopefully provoke us to do something - if nothing more than
seriously think - about the human condition...Lewis Hine...Salgado and
Nachtwey spring immediately to mind - as do the "Genes" - Smith and
Richards...Gordon Parks in his earlier incarnation...Some of Avdeon's
work, believe it or not, given the other names here..Danny
Lyons....Larry Towel....and on and on...The bottom line, I suppose, is
that the use of the camera to "capture" beautiful static objects doesn't
much for me. I can certainly admire a given photographer's skills, eye,
etc., and ability to see and convey beauty where some of us might fail
to see it, and certainly couldn't convey it as well. But that's not
something that I want to put my energy and creativity into attempting to
do.

B. D.