Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop 5.5 vs. 6.0
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:28:15 -0400

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 12:08 PM 7/25/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >   Does anyone have thoughts on the relative value of an upgrade from
> >Photoshop 5.0 to 6.0?

I've heard the "magnetic lasso" is great. You outline the subject
roughly, and the selection snaps to the actual outline. Then you reverse
the selection, apply gaussian blur, and you got whatever bokeh you want.
;+) Also some color channel improvements that make sepia tone a breeze.
I might add that when you have the latest, then all the magazine "how
to" articles seem to apply to your latest version. It's a corporate
conspiracy.  I'm sure others will add more...
Phil

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Photoshop 5.5 vs. 6.0)