Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop 5.5 vs. 6.0
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:33:32 -0400

on 7/25/01 3:51 PM, Mxsmanic at mxsmanic@hotmail.com wrote:

> I've never upgraded past 5.0, which does everything I've ever wanted to do
> with the program.  Keep in mind that upgrades are intended mainly for a
> software publisher's benefit, not yours.

boy I'm getting tired of this guy's tone

Photoshop 6 adds a whole slew of features which are very useful for
photographers. These include a comprehensive and properly integrated suite
of color management tools and the extension of a large number of essential
tools to work in 16-bit mode. The former is essential if you hope to
properly match output color on a printer to what you see on a monitor; the
latter allows you to tonally manipulate an image without introducing the
artefacts of combing (often perceived as ashiness) that you see in 8-bit
mode.

These two features alone are worth the price of the upgrade IMO.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205