Subject: [Leica] Offer to swap 35/2 ASPH for older 35/2
From: Ben Eden <beneden@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:18:22 +0200

Hi all,

after lots of tests of my old Summicron 35/2 and the newly bought Summicron
35/2 ASPH, I've decided that I don't need the extra quality (increased
contrast, flatness of field, sharpness) for my style of shooting, which is
candid, handheld, and mostly at f 5,6 anyway.

What I would like is to have two lenses on my two bodies to avoid having to
swap. And it's tough to always have to adjust to a different lens.

So I would like to swap the Summicron 35/2 ASPH - made (and bought in)
Germany, still one year warranty according to sales slip (actually the date
on the warranty card is not filled in), including instructions, all caps and
leather pouch. It looks like new with absolutely no marks of use. I actually
never even cleaned the front lens.

Ideally, I would like the previous model, last before aspherical, since this
is the lens I have already and I would like the two to be identical in feel
and handling.

I would also consider selling the lens.

Please contact me privately @ beneden@mac.com if interested.

Thanks and regards,