Subject: [Leica] Network Storm
From: "Barney Quinn, Jr." <barney@ncep.noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:46:37 -0400

Ted,

I hope that this e-mail they sent you is a hoax? It sucks really big
time. I'm
sorry that you had to deal with it. My wife's intestines ruptured two
years ago.
She had to have a Colostomy which has since been reversed. She was in
the
hospital for three months and had to have three major operations. Trust
me,
there's nothing funny about a colostomy. Perhaps this is from the too
close to
home department, but what they sent you really makes me angry.

When I was growing up there were some obscene phone callers who decided
plague my Mom and Dad. The callers would watch and see what my little
brother or
sister was wearing to school that day. Then they would call my Mom and
ask
something like, "Do you have a little blond haired boy wearing a green
shirt?"
Mom would say, "Yes" Then they would say something like, "He was hit by
a car on
Franklin Avenue. The police are there. I just thought that you'd like to
know."
My Mom would go rushing out of the house, frantic. It was just horrible
for her.
My Mom really loves her kids. I'm surprised she never had a fatal crash
trying
to get to the pro ported location of the accident.

We would get obscene phone calls in the middle of the night. Heavy
breathing
kind of thing. One night my Dad got one. He really couldn't make out
much of
what the person was trying to say. The next morning my Dad learned that
his best
friend had died, alone,  and apparently in some considerable respiratory
distress, of  coronary failure  the pervious night at about the time we
got the
obscene call.  My Dad went to his grave thinking perhaps he could have
saved his
friend's life.

Sorry for the rant. Things like the piece of e-mail you got are
unspeakable
cruel, evil, and horrid. They can ruin innocent people's lives. You
certainly
have my sympathy.

Barney

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Network Storm)