Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh.. bah!
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:08:26 -0300

on 24/7/01 11:42 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

>> photographers will be the first ones to be open to learning about a
>> concept they hadn't heard about before. <<<<<
>
> Hi Juan,
> You're right, as I'm always learning something about photography although
> I've been doing it professionally for 50 years come this September 17th. But
> I never heard reference of the bokah thing until someone came up with it on
> the LUG some years ago.
>
> I thought, "well that's interesting I'll have a look."  And you know what? I
> looked at hundreds of prints and slides from over the years and not one of
> them would've been improved from some "silly effect" called bokeh! It's just
> a an effect created by some lenses over an other.
>
> Will it make a major difference to the photograph? Not bloody likely, unless
> one is into artsy fartsy back ground picture taking! Even then, not likely
> will 99% of the viewers, photographers and non even notice, nor pay any
> attention to the out of focus background.
>
> It's a no big deal thing that keeps raising its stupid head on the LUG and
> as far as I'm concerned it still falls into the "who cares" category when it
> comes to a working photographers efforts!
> ted
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ted,

let your words be mine.
Thanks to be so clear.
But I have to say that I look at the whole area in a picture/photo/image or
whatever you call it and love sharpness as much as out of focus.
If someone out there feels like calling or naming
BOKEH/BOKAH/Hamburguer/Ketchup or...let them alone!

We'll stay taking photos and reading some very interesting messages coming
from the LUG. In the category "we care", of course.

Regards

Pablo

Replies: Reply from brad daly <bwdaly@hiwaay.net> (Re: [Leica] Embarassing question.)