Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanning
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:23:34 +0200

Ok, so if as you suggest 2700 dpi is approaching the resolution of film, are
you of the opinion that a 30" x 40" print from such a scan would have as
much detail as a conventional 'wet' print from the same negative? If so why
do people bother to have drum scans made and why do Nikon bother to produce
a 4000 dpi scanner?

Steve