Subject: [Leica] Thanks Ted
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:52:14 -0700

Several months ago, Ted was talking about making lots of prints from his
negs, using a technique that I will call batch processing.  Basically
exposing a whole bunch of paper, then going over to the wet side and
processing it at once.

Today was my day to make 100 different 5x7 prints from my trip to Europe in
May.  I started like I always do... setting the easel up for each neg,
focusing each neg, then exposing, and finally processing one at a time.
After a grand total of 3 of these experiences, a lightning bolt hit me about
how long it would take to make the other 97 prints I needed....

Thanks Ted... I did them all in about 4 hours, using what I remembered from
your experiences. Set enlarger height once, set easel placement once,
focused a few times, but basically once, and processed the paper in batches
of 10 or so at once.,...

That is what is so great about this list... the tips you can pick up if you
listen carefully.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@transbay.net> (Re: [Leica] Thanks Ted)