Subject: [Leica] Digital Infrared, bad IR erotica, and some thoughts of a wanker
From: Jon <vze249jf@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:44:33 -0400

Kyle and Mxsmanic wrote:

>> And how would you take pictures in infrared?

Just flip a switch. On my Sony TRV8 camcorder I turn on the "Night Shot"
feature which moves the IR blocking filter (a blue filter I think) out of
the way, screw on an Wratten 87C and presto! Infrared movies.

Here is "An erotic film shot in infrared video--WINNER BEST EXPERIMENTAL
FILM 1995 New York Underground Film Festival":

http://www.teleport.com/~pander/operation2.html

Just for you Kyle!

I have seen some great IR shots with the Nikon CP 950 (Nikon apparently
changed the filter in the 990 to one that blocks more IR, so it doesn't work
as well).

I also noticed that the new Kodak 770 (what a beast!) has a removable IR
blocking filter, which would make IR photography much easier...

Jon--who is about to process 5 rolls of Kodak IR film as slides with a T-Max
slide kit.