Subject: RE: [Leica] digital M
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:17:10 -0700

> Just as when it tried to abandon the M in favor of the R, after "paying
attention" to the photographic world?  That didn't seem to work out too
well.

That is why the M digital, not an R digital. No plans at all for R digital
according to latest word from our local rep. Leica is "behind" in slr (no
autofocus, no digital, etc.), and they feel that there is no need for R
digital now, instead a super high end M digital that uses existing lenses
and similar body shape.
Remember, they are now packing 4 megapixel cameras (with lenses!) into
spaces smaller than an M body. So a 6+ mp in 12 months should be a walk in
the park for the gnomes of Solms...

Jay Burleson
"There is a thin line between coincidence and fate, my friend."
UPDATED 5-30-01: http://www.jayburleson.com/