Subject: Re: [Leica] EFKE
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:08:13 -0300

on 21/7/01 12:52 PM, Marc James Small at msmall@roanoke.infi.net wrote:

> EFKE is Croatian, not German.  It is magnificent film, being an incarnation
> of the vaunted ADOX formulation of 1950 -- in the early 1950's, ADOX was a
> miracle emulsion, primarily used by higher-end 35mm professionals and
> advanced amatuers, especially Leica and Contax users.  The film was
> developed and made by the firm of Dr C Schleussner Fotowerke in Frankfurt;
> Messrs Schleussner claimed a heritage back to the 1850's and contended that
> they were the oldest photographic company in Germany, neatly avoiding the
> corporate theft which caused Voigtländer to move from Austria to
> Braunschweig late in that decade.  Schleussner was purchased by DuPont at
> some point and, twenty years later, DuPont licensed Fotokemika Zagreb to
> make the ADOX formulations under the EFKE brand.
>
> Fotokemika Zagreb has had most uneven marketing practices in the US and has
> recently had their production interrupted while they moved to a new and
> larger plant outside of Zagreb.
>
> Look you, this is not a T-grain film, but it is a pleasant, foregiving
> emulsion which produces a lot of shadow detail and which doesn't block up
> very easily.
>
> AND they still make 620 and 127 film!
>
> Marc

Marc,

Actually I've just bought a 20 127 rolls of that film.
I was needing that film to load my beauty: a Verascope Stereo camera circa
1910 in great working condition and also cosmetically speaking.
Originally the camera was coming with a plate film holder to hold 12 plates
of 45x11 mm. I was about cutting off some 120 roll film but the other day I
got from a man in Buenos Aires a 127 roll film holder from the same
Verascope brand hoping to make my life easier.
At this point I was wondering about developing times for the Efke film
assuming that maybe the film package is not coming with anything else than
roll film packed the best they can.
Well, maybe someone out there let me know where I can find out the
processing times to allow me start with my Stereo project up.

Thanks in advance

Pablo

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] EFKE)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] EFKE)