Subject: Re: [Leica] David Suchet, Leica user
From: Bernard Cousineau <flatbroke@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:47:44 -0400

Malcolm McCullough wrote:
>At least
> if they come up and say 'Hey, you're using a Panaflex, I've got a Platinum
> actually' you know they are telling porkies*. For the other NPR** users in
> the LUG (I know you are out there) how many times do you hear 'Does that
> thing still work?'
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm
> *porkies = pork pies = lies; Cockney rhyming slang, widely used by
> non-Cockneys. Panaflex cameras are only, to the best of my knowledge,
> available for hire. On topic - Leica make some of the lenses.
> ** NPR = Eclair Noiseless Portable Reflex 16 mm camera introduced in 1960.
> Many are still going strong.

Malcolm,

I vaguely recall reading an interview with David Lynch in American Cinematographer in which he mentionned that he had purchased a Panaflex, so one may actually be able to pull some strings and get one, given the right connections.
People have the same reaction towards my Arri BL16, b.t.w. The other common reaction is "now that looks like a real movie camera..."

Bernard

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] David Suchet, Leica user)
Reply from "Tourtelot" <tourtelot@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] David Suchet, Leica user)