Subject: Foma and Efke, was Re: [Leica] New Newsletter
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:55:16 -0400

I have been curious about the Eastern European films like Efke and Foma etc.
as well.  I'm glad that Erwin has posted some impressions of the Maco UP 25,
which like the Efke KB 25 is based on the old Adox KB14.  I don't know if
the Maco UP 25 is still available.  It certainly does not seem to be
available in the US.  The Efke films have to be ordered from Germany since
Freestyle (US) doesn't carry them anymore (although I heard from them that
they did have a supply at one time).

I've asked Erwin and I will ask here again, does anybody have any experience
with the Efke films?  I heard there was some quality-control problems but I
never talked to anyone who actually used these films.  You have to buy a lot
to make ordering from Germany worthwhile.y

Mike D