Subject: Re: [Leica] Red circles and "almost new" Leica bodies
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 04:31:31 +0200

John Collier writes:

> Oops! I forgot to mention the code U or demo
> cameras usually do not come with passport warranty.

I specifically asked about it, and he assured me that it was covered for two
years with the standard Passport warranty, and he gave me the little book for
it, just like my other body that I bought at full retail.

It seems so nice and new, with the warranty and all, that this is why I was
wondering why it was 25% off.  Would just sitting in a window make it depreciate
like that?  This dealer is the leading dealer for Leica in my city and is very
reputable.

This is why I'm so wary of stuff that isn't brand new ... I always ask myself
questions about it.  However, it seemed like a really good buy, and my budget is
modest, and I wasn't sure when I'd be able to pick up a 0.85 at full price, so I
decided to try it.