Subject: [Leica] Re: Scanners
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:41:39 -0700

Lets try this again with the correct subject:

I have been using a PhotoSmart (SCSI version) at school for the last 4
years.  It does fairly well, but I have noticed the shadows have a lot of
artifacts (streaks) in them.  I, too, am looking for a scanner I can buy for
home use.  I have been looking in the $500 range and have seen a Minolta,
the new HP, a Canon (FS2710) and the Acer Scan Wit 2720S all have fairly
good reviews.  Can anyone tell us about these from their personal
experience?

And from all I have read, the HP PhotoSmart (old and new) is 2400x2400
optical, not interpolated.

Aram

Replies: Reply from "Douglas Landrum" <dflandrum@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Scanners)