Subject: Re: [Leica] Development Adventures
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:40:08 -0400

on 7/19/01 4:00 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

> They used to tell you to lower it in slowly and not agitate. The Diafine
> people
> at least said that.
> Now Anchell says you can agatate continuously and this is perfect for a Jobo!
> So it apparently doesn't matter WHAT you do in the agitation department in
> split development!
> Anchell seems to want you to also put sulfite in the second bath which sounds
> like a good idea for less foggy looking negs.

I just tried some Delta 100 in Xtol 1:1 for 6 minutes then 3 mins in Kodalk
with agitation once a minute and got the creamiest looking negatives I've
ever seen. And no sprocket streamers, which tend to show up if you don't
agitate.

I need to do some more tests with Delta 400 but Henry Ambrose showed me some
tests that made me think maybe D400 could become my default film in this
brew.

Nice to see this technique spreading around. I should point out though that
although I came up with it independently, it turns out a lot of folks have
been doing the same thing for a long time.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205