Subject: Re: [Leica] Eisenstaedt
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:15:33 -0400

on 7/19/01 11:11 AM, lea at lea@whinydogpress.com wrote:

> Rummaging thru the shelves of a used book shop yesterday I came across a
> first edition of Eisenstaedt's book, The Eye of Eisenstaedt. Published
> in 1969 it speaks of his time with Life Magazine and how his photography
> was changed so dramatically when a friend allowed him to use his Leica
> for a quick shoot. Finally Eisenstaedt found a tool which allowed him to
> shoot images one after another without stopping to reload a glass plate.
> Imagine it. He became a changed photographer.

But surely there were rolleiflexes around he could have used... not to
mention the grafmatic back for 4x5 cameras! I have eight of these suckers
now and can therefore fire off 48 4x5 frames at intervals of approximately 5
seconds, or 15 when I have to change a back! Of course then I have to go
home.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com