Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG: automation vs. the brain
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:52:06 +0100

I absolutely agree with your comments.  The whizz-bang camera I was using
was a Contax N1, and I must say that this is the only SLR camera that I have
ever used (including EOS1N, F5 etc.) that I feel completely in control of
and have adapted to using almost as second nature.  It is an absolute
delight to use either manually or automatically, and in manual mode it is so
much a second nature that I can really concentrate on the image and not on
what I need to do.  First time I have ever felt that with an auto SLR.

But, if I could keep only one camera, the M6 would be my lifelong companion.

Simon

SNIP: