Subject: [Leica] Shintaro
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:09:57 -0300

I have my M2 in great mechanical condition but it looks mmmfffrrhhh...
I heard about Shintaro in Japan, is painting M bodies in black for $ 400.-

I'd like to send this camera since I've bought it very cheap a couple of
years ago or so.
Some questions to some of you who maybe have sent it to Shintaro's beauty
salon.

- - How did you feel dealing with Shintaro ?
- - Do you think that his work deserves the 400 bucks ?
- - How did you ship the camera ? FedEx , UPS....? or what ?
- - What about customs when returning the camera back to you ?
- - How long did Shintaro take to release the painted body ?
- - How much was shipping to Japan ?
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -

I know there are lots of questions and comments to be done.
Maybe someone has the answers, I'll appreciate to you to share any comment
and/or experience.

Thanks

Pablo