Subject: [Leica] Re: Delta 400, Italy, and photographing people
From: Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video <henryp@bhphotovideo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:07:28 -0400

At 03:01 AM 07/18/2001, you wrote:
>Two months ago there were posts about the tendency for highlights to be
>difficult to print with the new Delta 400

Ilford's Delta is similar to Kodak's T-Max. Their HP-5+ and FP-4+ are
similar to Kodak's Plus-X and Tri-X in that they're not delta or T-grain. I
have read many times that both T-Max and Delta tend to block up in the
highlights, that they're less forgiving of underexposure and less forgiving
of time/temp variations in processing. OTOH, most praise the grain. I guess
it's the trade-off. Personally, I like HP-5+ overexposed a bit.
- --
regards,
Henry Posner
Director of Sales and Training