Subject: RE: [Leica] Delta 400, Italy, and photographing people
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:18:40 -0400

> Last evening Dan Honemann came over and we poured over the prints for
> quite a while.

And what beautiful prints they are.  I remember writing a post many months
(a year?) ago lamenting the fact that I never saw modern prints that had the
same quality as those I've seen (and in books no less) by HCB.

Jesse changed all that for me, and showed me that rich, detailed, 16x20 b&w
prints are still possible these days.  When I see his work--its depth and
sensitivity, its alertness--I'm utterly absorbed, transported to a piazza in
some remote Italian countryside where I'm wide awake, tasting gelato and the
streaming sunlight, brimming with joy.

And gratitude.

Dan