Subject: Re: [Leica] M Classics Bag
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:33:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've got two of the M Classics bags - the old
sand-colored original and the new black & tan (apol.
to the Irish) model.

The original model is slightly lighter and less stiff
and has the strap sewn directly into the back. As a
very close to your body and nestle nicely under your
arm.

The newer black bag has added brass loops where the
strap attaches to the bag. This is to allow the strap
to be shortened even more (not that this is a need for
me). It also has an extra Velcro closure and larger
Velcro pads. The bag is made of a type of heavy sail
canvas with a waterproof inner coating.

The bags have three front pockets, and an internal
"sling" that will hold an M6 with M Motor and 50mm, or
an M with a 21 asph and finder. Other than an internal
divider (that can be positioned to keep articles from
rubbing together) there is no padding, but you can add
you own easily as required.

The only thing these bags lack (IMHO) is a top grab
handle. I find it handy to be able to grab the bag
directly when getting in an out of cars, etc. They
were kind enough to send me an extra piece of webbing
when I asked, which I had stitched on for a whole $6
at a local shoe repair place.

The M Classics bag is the first bag I've owned that
has allowed me to stop looking for that "bit better
bag".

Steve Patriquen
London