Subject: Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:51:09 -0700

At 7:31 AM -0600 7/16/01, John Collier wrote:
>Here is one comparison:
>
>http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=00574K
>
>John Collier
>
>>  From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
>>
>>  Has anyone compared images from the Noctilux vs. the Summilux at f1.4?  Does
>>  the Lux produce that same creamy bokeh?  If so, and if the Noct's aperture
>>  ring stays pretty much glued to f1.4, why not shoot with the smaller lens?

Please note that the focus shift problem talked about at the bottom
of this page is typically nowhere near what the writer claims (I've
had two different Noctilux f/1's) and this math is rather severely
off as well. The DOF _does_ generally cover it quite well.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com