Subject: Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:50:58 +0200

> Suggest Ibuprofen first, just in case!

I can see that there are a lot of long-time rangefinder users on this group!

Try lugging an F5 with a telephoto zoom around for a day and the Noctilux and M
will seem to weigh about as much as styrofoam in comparison.

Indeed, that's one of the things I like about the M system: it is much lighter
(even with Leica's sturdy metallic construction) for a given focal length than
would be a 35mm SLR (at least one of anywhere near comparable quality).  The M
is thus my choice whenever I want something that I can carry all day without my
back hurting.  I still can't get over how tiny my standard 35mm Summicron is on
the camera, and even the Noctilux fits very easily in the palm of the hand.
Good things come in small packages!