Subject: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:12:40 EDT

Karen:

I own both the Noctilux and the 50 Summicron.  I like the unique look of
photographs taken at f1 with the Noctilux.  But the lens is heavy and you
really need a grip with your M6 to take the weight.  So I bought the much
lighter 50 Summicron because I really like the focal length for my usual
photography.  A better compromise might have been to get the 50 Summilux in
the first place!  But the Noctilux is a unique lens!  In terms of image
sharpness and contrast, the 50 Summicron is probably the best of the 3 lenses
under consideration here.  If f2 has not been a problem with you so far, then
stick with the 50 Summicron.  You have a good outfit already with the
28/50/90 combination!

Sincerely,

Muhammad

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D