Subject: Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:03:23 -0700

Your calculation is indeed correct, but it is not a fair comparison, because
using lenses of different focal lengths at the same distance results in
different magnifications.

It is most appropriate to compare the depth of field at a given
magnification, and Noctilux does give the shallowest depth of field of any
productions lenses available today.