Subject: [Leica] breaking it in
From: brad daly <bwdaly@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:43:47 -0500

well, finally got a chance to do a lot of shooting with my new M6 and 50
summicron, putting about 25 rolls through it over the weekend at a wedding
in which my wife was a bridesmaid.

i very quickly fell into a natural rythmn with the camera, anticipating
exposures and focus distances--sometimes even accurately.  ;)

i got lots of wonderful, behind-the-scenes shots of the bride, my wife, and
the rest of the entourage getting ready.  one i hope will prove hilarious
is of the bride brushing her teeth wearing a veil, garter belts, and
stockings.

its  quietness proved wonderful during the ceremony, as i happily snapped
away from a seat on the aisle, and no one paid me any attention.

only when it began to get really dark at the reception, around 9:00, did i
get where i couldn't shoot at f/2 and 1/30.  i did a lot of bracing against
the tent poles and shooting at 1/15.  will see how it all turns out.

all in all, it was a wonderful learning experience and a great way to get
to know the new camera.

best,
brad daly
- --
brad daly	                  bwdaly@hiwaay.net
photographs: http://home.hiwaay.net/~bwdaly
"I can't imagine anything good about being blind and lame at the same time."
	--Alvin Straight
"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg