Subject: Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:55:26 -0400

Karen,
The Noctilux is wonderful lens that I enjoy now for many years.  It IS heavy
and if you want to use it wide open it requires a lot of practice because
DOF is very narrow.   My Noctilux is pretty much now my standard lens.  I am
pretty big guy and my petite wife is wondering how I am able to always
'drag' that big lens with me.

'Best Tool' depends on the job.  If you like available light and you don't
mind a heavy outfit I certainly would recommend it.  I also recommend that
you use the grip with it.  It helps tremendously to counterbalance the lens.
I am using the Abrahamsson Rapidwinder with the grip which makes the whole
outfit even more heavier which I experience as a benefit because it allows
me to hold the camera steady and 1/30 are no problem at all.

Jorg