Subject: [Leica] Re: My New Summicron 50 chirps
From: Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video <henryp@bhphotovideo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:50:10 -0400

At 03:01 AM 07/15/2001, you wrote:
>And despite the fact that I had so "diligently" sent in the warranty
>cards for the lens and body, do you think it possible to get an exchange
>directly from the dealer or am I now relegated to dealing direclty with
>Leica... and then having a long wait for the return of my only Leica
>lens?

I do not know from whom you made your purchase, but that's the way it'd
work if you bought from us, so I will presume your retailer is giving you
the straight story.

FWIW, you do NOT need to send in a warranty card to be eligible for
warranty service. In the USA, a dated invoice is all that's required. There
may be OTHER benefits to mailing the little cards in, but that varies from
manufacturer/importer to manufacturer/importer.

I know of one USA camera importer (not Leica) who collects all teh received
post cards in a medium size cardboard box and when the box's full just
dumps them. I cringed when I heard that, considering the marketing
potential in all those registered user names lost. The it occurred to me --
if you're going to dump them anyway, why wait 'til the box's full. What's
the interim step of the box for anyway? They couldn't say -- always been
done that way is all. So it goes . . .
- --
regards,
Henry Posner