Subject: Re: [Leica] Large Format lenses
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:21:28 -0700

Fast f stops sometimes makes focussing easier, but you typically use an
aperture of 22 or so with largeformat, so they are a of little value (at
least to me)

At such an aperture, most modern LF lenses are diffraction limited, and
there is little difference in performance.  You may consider stticking to
one brand or other may be for consistency of colour rendition, but it's an
issue for commercial merchandise photographers only, really.