Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: "Folks"
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:16:50 -0400

At 01:38 PM 7/12/01 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:
>you might wont to try acting appropriately yourself - you are pissing a lot
>of us off, judging by the number of messages I got offline agreeing with my
>comment.

Tim

I recognize that Austin's comments were rather rashly worded, but his basic
point -- that the manner in which Henry Posner was previously listing his
name and corporate affiliation was, well, unwise, in light of Henry's
political posting -- was dead on target.

Similarly, Jim Brick's comments here and on another List along the same
lines were also dead right.

I find it interesting that a lot of folks who would -- and in some cases
have! -- raised the roof when others have posted political comments on this
List are the very ones sticking up for Henry's right to do this.

I find Henry's contributions to the Hasselblad List quite worthy and
interesting, and I am certain that he will be an equally valuable
contributor here.  But, as has been stated here repetitively by many and
sundry, it would be better for all of us -- including Henry Possner! -- to
not inflict our political beliefs on this List.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!