Subject: [Leica] Re: "Folks"
From: Henry Posner <henryp@bhphotovideo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:33:13 -0400

At 08:49 PM 07/11/2001, you wrote:
>Have you checked with a knowledgeable lawyer on this?

         Yes

>  Does B&H know that you use their equipment, time (since I assume you are
> doing this during work
>hours), and name for "such" posts?

         Yes

>   Are you sure that if you defame someone
>(or commit some other crime while using B&H facilities) that your employer
>has NO legal responsibility at all?

         To date I have neither committed an act of defamation nor of
libel, nor have I committed any other felony of which I am aware while
online. Further, I have no intention of doing so in the future. To assuage
your concerns though, you may note that I have had the option of modifying
the <FROM> field added to my software. This post, for example is from Henry
Posner, and not from <Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video>.

<<MY OPINION, not my employer's>>

hp

Replies: Reply from "Barney Quinn, Jr." <barney@ncep.noaa.gov> (Re: [Leica] Re: "Folks")