Subject: [Leica] Re: Where We Post From (My Own View)
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:54:23 -0500

After waiting 24 hours to watch the furor rise and subside, I wonder:

- ---what would have been the response if instead of saying "Was a
photojournalism major at U of Iowa
in the early '60's; then went to law school to avoid working and/or the
draft" I had used  "postpone" or "delay" in place of "avoid"?

I find the responses to my post and the subsequent posts fascinating.
Each straight and true from his or her own frame of reference.  As it
should be.

Probably not on the Leica Users Group, but I guess that's the way it is.

Mostly the posts were heartfelt and thoughtful and I appreciated that.

Now back to photography.....I'm trying to decide how or whether to print
some of the shots I took of the media circus around the National
Memorial here very early on the morning they executed Timothy McVeigh.
Since I don't have a decent scanner I won't post them but maybe I'll
find some I like enough to bring to Kennebunkport in October for
critiques by folks to whom the art of taking photographs is as important
as it is and has been to me.

Regards to all,

- --Bob Baron / Oklahoma City