Subject: RE: [Leica] "Folks"
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:29:06 -0400

> At 12:38 PM 07/11/2001, you wrote:
> >What I am surprised at, is your LUG name. Henry Posner/B&H
> Photo-Video. It
> >seems like you are advertising that what you say on the LUG is
> the position
> >of B&H Photo-Video.
>
> No. That is a part of my e-mail software set by the IT Admin.
> When a person
> appends the standard internet disclaimer "My opinion, not my
> employer's" it
> specifically distinguishes the contents as being of a personal and not a
> corporate nature. This has been an internet standard for well
> over a decade.

Have you checked with a knowledgeable lawyer on this?  Does B&H know that
you use their equipment, time (since I assume you are doing this during work
hours), and name for "such" posts?  Are you sure that if you defame someone
(or commit some other crime while using B&H facilities) that your employer
has NO legal responsibility at all?

Replies: Reply from David Degner <ddegner@morris.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: "Folks")
Reply from Guy Bennett <2bennett@wanadoo.fr> (RE: [Leica] "Folks")
Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: "Folks")