Subject: [Leica] Re: Help needed for a new purchaser
From: Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video <henryp@bhphotovideo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:57:20 -0400

At 12:38 PM 07/11/2001, you wrote:
>The Leica USA team will service a Leica under warranty, purchased anywhere
>in the world, for free, and will charge for out of warranty repairs.
>Regardless what weasel dealers may say.
>
>The real difference in USA vs grey is the type of warranty....

A "grey market" Leica does not meet their definition of <a Leica under
warranty, purchased anywhere in the world>. If someone buys a Leica in
London (for instance), and it's a legit Leica UK product and then relocates
to or returns to the USA, that's a legally warranted product. A Leica "grey
market" product, purchased new as "grey market" in the USA almost
undoubtedly will not be well received by Leica USA. I have discussed this
more than once with Roger Horn, the Pres of Leica USA.
- --
regards,
Henry Posner
Director of Sales and Training